Problem mit PopUp Fenster

Hier bitte technische Probleme melden.
Antworten
SchnabelA
Vip
Vip
Problem mit PopUp Fenster

Beitrag von SchnabelA »

Wann ich ein spielername oder am ein tournier angeklickt kommt die PopUp fenster mit die text :
"Page can not be shown" (in danish)

Klicken ich vieleicht 10 oder 15 mal, dann wirkt es ob ich bin erfolgreich.

Es ist ein problem wie grösser und grösser erwachst hast.
Dateianhänge
PageCanNotBeShown.png
PageCanNotBeShown.png (28.2 KiB) 5756 mal betrachtet
bram
Megavip
Megavip
Re: Problem mit PopUp Fenster

Beitrag von bram »

Try to delete the cache of your browser, it is probably corrupt.
InI4
Admin
Admin

Beitrag von InI4 »

I checked it. No problem with Firefox, Opera and Safari.

Unfortunately: I have the problem with Internet Explorer 6 myself. Cache cleared, no improvement. Wireshark shows a complete HTTP interaction between my Internet Explorer and Brettspielnetz, however Internet Explorer does not show the response received.

More facts, problem is spurious, some computers with some IE6 do not seem to have a problem. Problem disappears when I disable my firewall. Problem does not reappaear when I enable my firewall. There are traces on the net, that it can be an interaction of certain windows firewalls with a recent Windows update (i.e. changed executable).

SchnabelA? Does this match your situation?
Der Mensch spielt nur, wo er in voller Bedeutung des Wortes Mensch ist, und er ist nur da ganz Mensch, wo er spielt.
Friedrich Schiller
SchnabelA
Vip
Vip

Beitrag von SchnabelA »

Yes I can rekognise your description.

Cache cleared as suggested. Without any improvement.

The problem has had a tendency to grow through the last month. A month ago or so it was only one out of hundred, where the problem arised. Then I thought "o.k. it is the net" and tried again. Usually with succes. Now it is opposite situation.

My firewall is Microsofts "build-in", where no updates are allowed (could be it is doing something behind my back, but I've not allowed it) and ZoneAlarm. It has not been updated since July, 19th 2008. Version Number attached.

Hope this can help tracking down the problem :idea:
Dateianhänge
ZoneAlarmVersion.png
ZoneAlarmVersion.png (2.33 KiB) 5722 mal betrachtet
bram
Megavip
Megavip

Beitrag von bram »

Is the same problem also on jijbent.nl and yourturnmyturn.com??
SchnabelA
Vip
Vip

Beitrag von SchnabelA »

No, it is not a problem on those 2 sites.

I am not a member any of the places, but when I click on a username in gebruikers/users I get a popup window with some fact about that user.
SchnabelA
Vip
Vip

Beitrag von SchnabelA »

I have noted, that it is a problem with the person-pop-up windows, but not with the tournaments windows.

Hope that it can help.
SchnabelA
Vip
Vip

Beitrag von SchnabelA »

Yet another hint.

If I at The Tournament page let the mouse stay - without klicking - over the number "Gemeldet" e.g. 6/14, then I have the error page in the popup window. That is - if the number is less than or equal to 7/14.

If the number are bigger than or equal to 8/14 the names pop up.
InI4
Admin
Admin

Beitrag von InI4 »

OK, on the tournament page I now seem to have an workarround which involves adding 4kb random noise data at the beginning of html/body of the sourcecode of the document. This is weirdest M$ stuff. :twisted:

SchnabelA, please clear your browsers cache and check if you agree on the tournament page. If the workarround works for you (it could be a speed issue and be different for your connection and mine): Please tell me all places where you observed the same problem. In between I figure which is the fastest way to generate those 4kb of garbage data :(

At least for me the tournament popups and the user popups are fixed now...
Der Mensch spielt nur, wo er in voller Bedeutung des Wortes Mensch ist, und er ist nur da ganz Mensch, wo er spielt.
Friedrich Schiller
SchnabelA
Vip
Vip

Beitrag von SchnabelA »

It seems like you have found a solution. It works very well for me now. And that was even before I cleared the cache.

I do not know, how you got the idea; but using garbage to find a solution in garbage - it is appropriate.

Thanks. :P
InI4
Admin
Admin

Beitrag von InI4 »

There are plenty of popups in the app, I fixed the problem for users and tournaments only, if you find any other popups behaving this way, please let us know, we'll insert garbage ...
Friedrich Schiller
InI4
Admin
Admin

Beitrag von InI4 »

Statistics Popup und Quicklinks-popup (und 6 seiner Unterseiten) zeigten dasselbe Phänomen. Workarround eingebaut ...
Friedrich Schiller
SchnabelA
Vip
Vip

Beitrag von SchnabelA »

Now the problem has returned in IE6.

It is still only two, sometimes 3 klicks away before I get the information in the pop up window, but experience has shown, that it is a problem, which will become bigger and bigger.

And yes - I have cleared my IE-cache.
Antworten